May 3, 2016
The International corporation for assigned names and numbers (ICANN) is organizing a community workshop on issues and challenges on managing ccTLD on May 05, 2016 during the DNS forum that will be held at hotel Gammarth in Tunis. IGMENA led workshop will gather ATI officials, ICT experts, national regulators, and the business sector to talk about the new challenges, obstacles and opportunities provided for business, entrepreneurs, administrators, foreign companies and end users to use Domain Names in Tunisia (.tn).
- Mr. Hamza Ben Mehrez, Policy Analyst Lead (IGmena)
- Mrs. Wafa Dahamani, Senior Engineer & Head of Internet Resources Department, Tunisian Internet Agency (ATI)
- Mr. Hafeth Yahamadi, IT strategist Buisness development, Microsft Innovation Center (MIC)
- Mr. Wajdi Garali,Head of Internet QoS at the National Regulation Authority (INT)
- Mr. Wajih Letaief, Executive Manager chez TAC-TIC Corp
- What is the naming policy of .tn / تونس, and steps of applicant wanting to use .tn to fill non-domain name registration contact details ?
- What are the obstacles and challenges to register (.tn) ? How can ICANN help promote the use of ccTLD in Tunisia ?
- Is there a lack of trust from Tunisian end users to use ccTLD ? Why most of the end users subscribed to and register TLDs like .com .fr or .org .edu . gov .net . mil but not .tn ?
- What are the main issues and challenges that the ccTLD community needs to consider and address in the context of developing and reviewing a transition proposal ?
- What are the institutions that use .tn as well as the foreign companies valid in Tunisia do they have the right to REGISTER their Domain Names under the Tunisian domain (.tn / تونس.) ?
- How Community engagements and participation can present important conduits to access ccTLD resources and best practices ?
Join us !